The Netherlands is home to more than 2,500 North American companies
Consistently ranked by Forbes as one of the world’s top countries for business, the Netherlands is among the most coveted locations for international commerce and innovation.
Today, more than 2,500 Canadian and U.S. companies invest in Holland, building everything from massive data and distribution centers to European headquarters and manufacturing plants. In fact, McCain, Hudson’s Bay, Google and Tesla are among the many companies with significant Dutch operations.
Want to learn more about the business climate of the Netherlands? Read on for five reasons why Canadian and U.S. companies choose to invest in Holland:
1. Our History of Innovation Runs Deep: Ranked No. 2 on the Global Innovation Index, the Netherlands is credited with inventions that have shaped our modern world. Think Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the microscope. With support from academia, government and the private sector, the Netherlands is also home to Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
2. You Can’t Beat Our Location: Located on mainland Europe, close to Europe’s 500 million consumers, the Netherlands is perfectly positioned for European and global operations. In fact, foreign companies in Holland have access to 160 million consumers within just 24 hours of Amsterdam or Rotterdam.
3. We Speak English… And Many Other Languages: Companies searching for a highly educated, tech-savvy and multilingual workforce need look no further than the Netherlands. Today, 90 percent of Holland’s labor force is fluent in English. Our talent pipeline continues to flow, thanks to our increasing influx of international students and sophisticated education system.
4. The Netherlands is the Gateway to Europe: Holland’s world-class logistics network allows North American companies to reach the world’s furthest markets with ease. Companies have convenient access to major markets in Germany, France and beyond thanks to Schiphol Airport, the Port of Rotterdam and our high-speed rail and road networks. The Netherlands is also ranked among the world’s top locations for digital connectivity.
5. Expats Love Holland: Did you know that the Dutch have the best work-life balance according to the OECD Better Life Index? Or that the Netherlands is continuously ranked among the happiest countries in the world? That’s why expats and foreign workers love living in the Netherlands, making it very easy for companies to relocate and build international workforces.
NFIA Canada rolls out the orange carpet to assist Canadian companies seeking to expand or relocate operations in the Netherlands. Free, confidential services offered by NFIA include: organizing fact-finding missions; arranging meetings with relevant partners; and providing personalized guidance and counsel on tax, government and permit procedures, location options and business solutions.
Ready to invest in Holland? Contact our team today for assistance.